As Kubernetes, understanding Istio can be difficult or time-consuming. I've created this collection of sketchnotes about Istio, a Service Mesh, in order to explain the Cloud technology in a visual way.
The book covers:
* What is Istio
* Istio components (Envoy, Pilot, Citadel Galley...)
* Resources (Sidecar, Gateway, VirtualService, DestinationRule, ServiceEntry, WorkloadEntry, EnvoyFilter...)
* Traffic management (traffic splitting, canary release, traffic mirroring ...)
* Circuit breaking, Resiliency, timeouts, fault injection, failover
* Observabilty, Security, Authentication, Authorization ...
* Debugging / Troubleshooting Istio
* Useful tools to use
* And more :-)
The whole book includes "How To" with concrete examples for all concepts and illustrations that helps to understand abstract concepts.
I love to share my knowledge and to help people so if you don't have much money, you can download it for only 1 euro. The only thing I ask is to share to your networks 😉.
If you like my work and want to contribute, you can, it will help me to improve the material in order to continue all the ideas I have for several series of sketchnotes about Cloud technologies, DevOps, Microservices, Golang ... :-).
I hope this book will help you in your journey for understanding Istio.
Don't hesitate to rate this book and give me some feedbacks.